Throughout its’ history The Lab has been committed to the providing opportunities for:
1. exploring aspects of choreography that do not easily fit into programmes of activity elsewhere, including blue skies and independent activities.
2. the undertaking of research activities which might give rise to a multifacitated range of creative and discursive outcomes.
3. sharing and the creation of critically engaged practices.
4. the creation, articulation and dissemination of high quality movement led practices.
5. the development of ‘languages’ for dance, including the curation of a bi-annual peer reviewed journal.
6. developing movement led practices and extending understanding of dance to a wide audience.
7. being in-between writing and dancing practices.